THURSDAY 8TH AUGUST
Equi-Motion was founded by Emma Mathlin & Kristin Dean, experienced and passionate practitioners with qualifications in human & equine physiotherapy, exercise physiology, Clinical Pilates & biomechanics. We provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment, fitness and posture training programs, and objective performance and gait analysis of both horse and rider. We are offering the following services at Wallaby Hill in April.
Equine Gait Analysis
Intertial Motion Sensors
$ 220 – 45 MINS
Biomechanical analysis is widely used in human athletes to evaluate and optimise performance. We can now apply this innovative technology to measure how the horse moves and performs.
Equimotion uses an inertial sensor system that has been developed by world leading researchers at the Royal Veterinary College in London and been shown to produce highly accurate and precise results about the symmetry of movement between left and right sides.
Like humans, horses move naturally asymmetrically. It’s important to know your horse’s baseline asymmetry to differentiate its normal movement pattern from abnormal movements. This type of analysis allows us to assess your horse’s gait to pick up early, subtle or multi-limb lameness, monitor recovery, record a baseline of your horse’s normal gait for future comparison, or provide you reassurance of your horse’s soundness.
- 5 – 8 wireless sensors are attached to the horse
- Bluetooth connection between the sensors and computer allows data to be produced in real-time, providing us with immediate results
- Report generated detailing horse symmetry and a suggested action plan
HORSE PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSESSMENT PLUS
RIDDEN ASSESSMENT AND EXERCISE PLAN
$ 220 – 1.5HR
Our individual riding assessments and training sessions are conducted by an Equimotion physiotherapist.
In these sessions we assess and correct your posture and alignment in the saddle. With our in-depth knowledge of the biomechanics of riding, we use postural cues and mounted exercises to help improve your riding. This is a training session that focuses on the rider, however we typically find that by improving your posture and seat, we see an improvement in both horse and rider performance.
You will be provided with a report and tailored exercise program. Each exercise comes with a video and detailed instructions on how to perform the exercise.
HORSE PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSESSMENT
AND TREATMENT PLUS GAIT ANALYSIS
$ 330 – 1.5HR
HORSE PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSESSMENT AND
TREATMENT including exercise plan
$ 165 – 1HR
PLEASE READ THE WALLABY HILL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW PRIOR TO BOOKING.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE TERMS OF CONDITIONS, WALLABY HILL FARM
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT HORSE RIDING AND BEING ON A FARM ARE DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES
Please read the following carefully. I understand and acknowledge that:
- Horse riding on a working farm is a dangerous activity and people are injured doing it.
- Horses can act in an unpredictable or changeable way especially if frightened or hurt.
- Riding gear can break and fail.
- The ground can be rough and uneven especially after wet weather.
- My horse could throw me or could brush me up against objects or trees.
- There are unfenced dams, creeks, fallen and falling trees on the property.
- Machinery used on the property is dangerous.
- There are many other general dangers.
- Injury or death may arise from these dangerous activities.
I agree that:
- I ride and stay at the farm at my own risk.
- The proprietor/ instructor and all other employees of Wallaby Hill are not liable for any injury, death, loss or damage which may occur to me or to my property during the time I spend on the property and ride horses whether such liability arises out of any express or implied term or at common law or in any other way.
- I will pay due regard for the safety of other riders, employees and instructors.
- I will always wear a safety helmet when riding and suitable clothing and riding boots.
I agree that while I am on the property I will not:
- Take or use any drug except prescription drugs.
- Drink alcohol before or during a horse ride.
- Enter any enclosed paddock unless requested, directed or supervised by an employee or instructor.
- I take full responsibility for providing my own horse and equipment.
- I am responsible for the correct fitting and safety of my equipment.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the meaning of this form. I understand that by making a booking online or over the phone that I give a complete and unconditional release of all liability of the proprietors, instructors and employees of Wallaby Hill to the greatest extent possible under the law of New South Wales in the event I and/or the child mentioned above suffer any death, personal injury or loss or damage of possessions. I agree to indemnify the proprietors/ instructors and employees of Wallaby Hill against all claims made by any other person against the proprietors/ instructors and employees of Wallaby Hill in respect of any injury loss or damage arising out of or in connection with riding and being a guest on the farm. By making a booking I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the conditions and requirements in this agreement.
- I take full responsibility for providing my own horse and equipment
- I take full responsibility for the correct fitting and safety of my equipment
- I consent to Wallaby Hill collecting and storing this information